Selasa, 24 Juli 2018

Asking and Giving Opinions – Agreeing and Disagreeing

Asking and Giving Opinions – Agreeing and Disagreeing

Asking for and expressing opinions is something we frequently do in everyday. We will need to ask and give opinions in formal situations such as in business, in writing, both academic and informal texts, and in informal speaking.

Conversation
A: so, do you think that Banjarmasin is a great place to live?
B: I belive that, yes. Food and clothes are very cheap and it’s easy to travel around the city.
A: what do you think about the idea that there are too many people living in Banjarmasin?
B: I don’t think so. There are a lot of people but the city is always busy and exciting.

Giving Opinions:
As as I’m concerned …
In my opinion … or in my view …
From my point of view …
The way I see, it is (that) …
To my mind …
Well, I reckon/suppose (that) …
I (strongly) believe (that) …
I (honestly) think (that) …
I (really) feel (that) …
Personally speaking, I believe …
As for me, I reckon …
In my opinion/in my humble opinion
I reckon/suppose
I know
May I?
If you ask me
If I were you
To be honest
I could be wrong, but
I’m no expert, but
Personally

Asking Opinions:
What do you think/reckon?
Do you see what I’m getting at?
Do you know/see what I mean?
Do you agree with me?
Would you go along with that?
Would you agree with me that …?
What are your thoughts on that?
Don’t you think (that) …?

Agreeing:
I (totally) agree with you / that.
I couldn’t agree more.
I’d go along with that.
I feel the same.
You’re absolutely right.
Absolutely/definitely/exactly.
No doubt about it.
That’s a good point. / I see your point.
I see where you’re coming from.

Disagreeing:
I’m afraid I disagree.
I don’t agree with you/that.
I’d be inclined to disagree.
That’s not the way I see it.
I don’t think so. / I don’t feel the same.

Partly Agreeing:
I see your point but …
I kind of agree with you/that.
I agree with you to an extent, however, …
You make a good point, but …

sumber:
https://sites.google.com/site/shceecourse/speaking-focus-semester-2/lesson-2

https://www.myenglishteacher.eu/blog/asking-giving-opinions-agreeing-disagreeing/